Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Bloc Party - Weekend in the City

He’s trying to be heroic in an age of modernity. OOOO! Falsetto. HEEAARRRTTT!!! Dance dance dance. Beats, oh what mad, mad beats. Oh what crunchy guitars. Oh the lyrics. Oh, what lyrics? Weekend in the City and that’s exactly what it sounds like; albeit an overtly melancholic one. Bloc Party steps, steps and releases their second album, follow-up to Silent Alarm, which I haven’t heard but assume is as good as this one. Kind of, his voice annoys me. Kind of, the music annoys me; the sound is far too large for the content matter. Think U2. These boys are too art for their own good, too caught up in their image. Sa-a-aaadness. Franz Ferdinand. The Killers. Arctic Monkeys. Kaiser Chiefs. Kasabian. The Bravery. All this dreadful pseudo-indie shit is making me sick. But these boys are saving you, these boys have a purpose. And thank whoever you want for that. Tense, anxious, cathartic, cerebral, reflective, searching, brooding, bittersweet, poignant. Oh these boys are so sensitive, so sensitive. These boys make me feel. We’re finding it hard to be alone. This music is emo without the self-mutilation.

how many? 3.1
Live: March 28, 2007 - Orpheum Theatre
Waiting for the 7.18 mp3

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your words make my ears bleed. You hateful person you.

mattinwonderland said...

bloc party makes my ears bleed