Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Asobi Seksu - Citrus

This music is shoegaze, this music is dreampop, this music is noise, this music is whatever you want to call it, this music is good. I would often gaze at my shoes for hours just to feel like a part of the movement. Citrus is the sophomore album from New York City based Asobi Seksu; a band of the new millennium which borrows as much from Japanese pop and as it does from My Bloody Valentine. The lyrics on this album alternate between English and Japanese so, the average American will understand less than half of what is said. However, the Japanese words are sung in such a way that they feel familiar; they feel like whatever language you speak. I find myself constantly realizing halfway through a song that I have no idea what Yuki Chikudate has been singing about; even after hearing the songs multiple times. I enjoy this. Whistle through your window, we act the same as you.

how many? 8.7
Live: February 28, 2007 - The Middle East: Downstairs (opening act)
Strings
mp3

No comments: